StackEye is a Chrome Extension which can be used to get notifications for new answers and comments on StackOverflow and other StackExchange sites. StackEye v2.0 also allow users to follow other users So that you never miss a great post from an excellent expert out here. StackEye can be installed from Chrome Store. It is open-source released with MIT License. Source code can be downloaded from StackEye GitHub repository.
Click on Eye icon to watch the question
Click on Eye icon again to unwatch it
Click on Follow button to follow a user
How it looks when you are following a user
Top 5 question notifications come in the browser's popup window
TOp 5 user notifications also come in browser's popup
You can view all user notifications here
List of all watched questions
List of all followed users
- You don't need login/authentication to watch a question
- You can watch any question (Not just asked by you)
- Works on all StackExchange sites (Not just stackoverflow.com)
- Follow other users on StackExchange
- View list of watched questions and perform unwatch in bulk
- Added app key to prevent throttling
- Issue #6: Added favicon icon before each question in quetions tab
- Issue #3: Eye icon is not visible when question is opened in new tab
- Issue #5: DeleteAll button is present and can be used to remove all notifications/questions.
- Issue #4: Show a confirmation dialog when user clicks performs watch/unwatch operation.
- Issue #13: Show confirmation dialog before deleting a notification/question.
- [Bug fix] Watch Icon is not present on question pages when URL contains '#'
- Follow user feature: Go to the profile page of a user and hit follow button
- UI improvements
- Issue #28: Allow users to delete notifications from popup also
- Issue #32: Make StackEye work on localized site. User requested the support here
- Added Support for serverfault, askubuntu and mathoverflow.
StackEye is developed by Sachin Jain (@blunderboy) with great contribution from Sachin Sebastian (@harrypotter7). Please feel free to drop an email to sachinjain024 [at] gmail [dot] com in case you want to discuss anything.
Please have a look at the opened issues on Github. If it is new, open a new issue and feel free to alarm the author or submit a pull request with the fix. I will be more than happy to merge it. You can also open an issue if you want to submit a request for new feature.
StackEye is released with MIT License.